Spicy Rolled Rice with Peanuts
This week’s recipe of the week has been shared by store owner Denise, Spicy Rolled Rice with Peanuts. A versatile dish with spicy Indian flavours, perfect served with a summer salad, chicken kebabs or your favourite curry.
- 2 cups rolled rice
- 1/4 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 1-2 tbs lemon juice
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp brown mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- Salt to taste
- Rinse rolled rice in cold running water and set aside
- Heat oil in frying pan, fry peanuts until slightly brown. Add mustard seeds and fry until seeds start to pop.
- Add cumin seeds and onion, fry for 3-4 minutes. Add turmeric and cayenne pepper and fry for 1 more minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt, cook until tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add rolled rice and mix gently.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
Gluten-free | Vegan | Refined sugar-free