Broccoli, Lemon & Parsley Soup
This weeks Recipe of the Week has been made by Affordable Wholefoods owner Denise Evans, and inspired by local author and recipe creator Anthea Amore from her book ‘Hungary – for more crazy good vegan food’. This soup is super nourishing and a great one for immunity coming into winter. It can also be adapted slightly in the summer months for a lighter more cleansing soup. Enjoy.
Serving Size: 4
3-4 medium potatoes, roughly chopped
1 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped (plus extra leaves for garnishing)
1 1/2 medium heads of broccoli, roughly chopped (stems and florets separated)
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 medium garlic clove
4 1/2 cups filtered water
2 lemons, zest and juice, plus extra zest for garnishing
1 teaspoon quality salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper, plus extra for garnishing
1/2 cup of coconut milk
1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil, plus extra for garnishing
- Place the potatoes, broccoli stems, onion, garlic and filtered water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil on medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add the broccoli florets and simmer for a further 5-7 minutes or until broccoli is just cooked and still retains its green colour. Add the parsley leaves and lemon zest and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, then remove the soup from heat.
- Blend the soup with a stick blender until smooth and creamy, adding more filtered water for your desired consistency or to suit the time of year (ie thicker soup in winter, finer or lighter in summertime). Adjust the seasoning if necessary and you are ready to serve.
- Garnish with extra parsley, lemon zest, cracked pepper and olive oil.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free
To see more from Anthea you can visit her facebook page here