Healthy Quinoa & Lentil Soup by Lyndi Cohen
We asked Nude Nutritionist Lyndi Cohen to share with us something inspirational for winter and here it is…..a Healthy Quinoa & Lentil Soup. This one looks and tastes delicious and is suitable for all ages and diets (being Vegan as well). Enjoy the gorgeous flavours and warming spices for winter…
Serving Size: Makes 3 litres or 12 serves
1 brown onion
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
3 large tomatoes
1-2 chillis (depending on your heat preference)
3 cloves of garlic
700ml Passata (or 2 tins of diced tomatoes)
1 cup dried green lentils
1/2 cup dried chickpeas
2 litres of vegetable stock
1 tablespoon smoked chilli/chipotle sauce (optional)
- Place the oil in a large soup saucepan on medium to high heat. Blitz the onion in a food processor until it is in small chunks (or chop manually if you prefer). Add the onion to the pan and brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and spices (coriander, cumin, pepper and turmeric) to the saucepan to toast for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, blitz the veggies (tomato, chilli, carrot, zucchini and garlic) in a food processor until they are small chunks (or chop manually). Add the veggies to the saucepan and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the passata, lentils, chickpeas and vegetable stock. Add the optional smokey chilli sauce. Bring to the boil and then reduce to simmer.
- Cook for 1 – 2 hours or until the beans are soft. Add some more water if needed to thin out your soup.
- Serve hot with fresh parsley as a garnish.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free | Vegetarian | Vegan
To see more from Lyndi visit her website or social pages below.