Lentil, Potato and Chickpea Stew
This weeks Recipe of the Week is a delicious stew made with our favourite French puy lentils, creamy potato and chickpeas. The preserved lemon and parsley in this dish add a hint of freshness. This recipe is perfect for the cooler weather. Enjoy.
8 waxy potatoes with skin left on, halved lengthways
1 cup of French puy lentils, cooked
1 cup of chickpeas, cooked
Pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of finely chopped preserved lemons
1 cup vegetable stock
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
a handful of finely chopped fresh mint & flat leaf parsley
100g of pecorino cheese (or equivalent), shaved
- Heat your slow cooker to high.
- Put the potatoes, lentils and chickpeas into the slow cooker and season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon, vegetable stock, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin seeds, fresh mint and chopped parsley. Pour into the slow cooker, cover and cook for 2 hours.
- Turn the slow cooker down to low and cook for 1 more hour, until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve on a large platter, garnished with extra flat leaf parsley and the shaved pecorino cheese. Enjoy.
Gluten Free | Refined Sugar Free