This week’s recipe of the week has been shared by Elle Spence of My Country Table. A warming Pumpkin Soup recipe with zesty ginger and a hint of curry powder to nourish you as the weather gets cooler.
1 Brown Onion, roughly diced
1 Celery Stalk, roughly diced
2 Carrots, cut into chunks
1/4 Piece Large Ripe Kent Pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
1tsp Ginger, grated
1/2 Lemon, juice & grated rind
1 Bay Leaf
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
1tsp Curry Powder
1/2tsp Chilli Flakes
Pepper & Salt
- Heat a large soup pot or cast iron pot with olive oil. Add your onion, celery & carrot and sauté until brown and starting to caramelise. This step is important for flavour so the more colour on the veg the tastier it will be.
- Add in your curry powder, bay leaf, ginger, lemon rind and sauté for a minute. Add in your pumpkin, stock cube, pepper, salt, chilli and enough water to just cover the pumpkin.
- Reduce heat to low, pop a lid on the pot and simmer for 20-30 mins or until vegetables are falling apart. Add your lemon juice and remove from heat.
- Allow to slightly cool then blend using a stick blender or a regular blender.
- Once smooth serve straight out of the pot with toppings such as coconut yoghurt, fresh herbs, olive oil and a side of crispy gluten-free garlic bread. Yum!
Plant-based | Gluten-Free | Sugar-free