Tuscan Bean Soup
If you love warm hearty soups then you’ll love this one. Made using our premium soup mix with a combination of vegetables and Italian herbs & spices. It takes little time to cook and is super tasty. Perfect for warming the belly on a cold night.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium red onion, diced
2 medium carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 medium zucchini, diced
1 medium sweet potato, diced
4 cloves garlic, pressed
1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon Italian Mixed Herbs
1 litre of vegetable broth (homemade or bought)
2 cups of premium soup mix, soaked, washed and cooked
1 x 400g can diced tomatoes or 3 large fresh tomatoes diced.
3 cups chopped kale (or other seasonal greens)
1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium to high heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, and sweet potato and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chilli flakes, thyme and rosemary and cook for another minute.
- Sir in the broth, beans and tomatoes. Bring the contents to the boil and then turn the heat down to low and add the chopped kale. Cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree 1/3 of the soup in a blender and add back into the remaining soup.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with warm crusty bread.
Vegan | Vegetarian
Shop Recipe Ingredients