Dark Chocolate Caramel Seedy Slice
This weeks recipe of the week has been contributed by our Lismore store manager Caroline. Caroline has been making this slice for the staff (and her family) for the past year and it’s always a hit. Enjoy.
1 cup dried dates
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup of peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups puffed brown rice
1/2 cup slivered almonds
2 tablespoons Australian grown hemp seeds
1/4 cup pepitas
1/4 cup sunflower kernels
1 teaspoon of cinnamon (ground)
- Line a 3-4 cm deep baking tray with baking paper
- Place the pitted dates into a bowl and cover with boiling water, allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Place the peanut butter, coconut oil and vanilla essence in a saucepan and melt slowly over low heat.
- Drain the dates & add the peanut butter mixture.
- Mash the mixture together with a fork until it creates a pasty consistency.
- Combine the brown rice puffs, slivered almonds, hemp seeds, pepitas, sunflower kernels and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the peanut butter and date mixture to the puffed rice mixture and combine.
- Press the mixture into the lined baking tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate buttons over low heat and then pour on top of the cold slice…allow to set.
- Cut into portions and serve. Enjoy.
Warning: One slice is never enough so make them small!
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan