White Bean & Orecchiette Stew
We made this delicious stew over the weekend. A hearty mix of cannellini beans, tomato, spinach and pasta, a big hit with all. Lets just say the left overs didn’t last long.
Great served piping hot with a crusty loaf.
2 tablespoons Olive oil
1 red onion diced
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 leek, white part only, sliced
1 large carrot diced
2 teaspoons Mild curry powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
425g tin crushed tomatoes (or 5 whole tomatoes diced)
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 cup cooked cannellini beans
1-2 cups orecchiette pasta
1-2 handfuls of fresh spinach, de-stemmed and loosely chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan on medium heat sauté the onions, leek, garlic and carrot in the olive oil. Cook down until onions are translucent (5-10 minutes)
- Add in the spices, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and stir well.
- Add the cooked cannellini beans and pasta, adding enough water to just cover all of the ingredients. The stew will thicken as every cooks.
- Turn the heat down to low and let it cook for about an hour until the pasta is soft but still has bite.
- Just 5 minutes before serving, add the spinach, salt and pepper.
For those who are gluten free you can easily replace the orecchiette pasta with a gluten free alternative. We recommend you try our Rice & Quinoa Penne.
Dairy Free | Vegetarian | Vegan | Sugar Free