Creamy Mixed Vegetable Curry
Inspired by the traditional flavours of central India, this simple Vegetable Curry will be a winner with the whole family.
Serving size: 4
100g dried chickpeas cooked (or 1 x 400g tin)
3 tablespoons Olive oil
3 cloves of garlic diced
1 red onion finely chopped
½ teaspoon brown mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground coriander
¼-1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes (depending on taste)
2 large ripe tomatoes diced
2 carrots halved lengthways and sliced finely into sticks
150g green beans cut into bite size pieces
1 medium sweet potato cubed
1 tablespoon tapioca flour (dissolved in 2 tablespoons water)
1 red capsicum diced
400ml coconut milk
Salt to season
½ cup flaked almonds
½ lime cut into cubes
- Soak the chickpeas overnight, rinse well and cook for 30 minutes and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on medium heat and saute the garlic, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, onion, black pepper and chilli flakes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the ground turmeric and coriander and saute for a minute longer before adding the diced tomato, capsicum, carrot, beans, sweet potato and rinsed chickpeas.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes allowing the tomatoes to reduce a little before slowly adding the coconut milk, stirring the whole time. Simmer for another 10 minutes, then add the tapioca and stir for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Toast the almonds under the grill or in a hot saucepan until golden brown and garnish the dish alongside the lime wedges.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan | Vegetarian | Sugar Free | Warming