Falafel and Sweet Potato Snacks
This weeks recipe of the week comes from Affordable Wholefoods owner Denise Evans. Denise made these for friends recently and they were a big hit. Particularly good served with your favourite aioli or mayonnaise and a light salad.
450g sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
Olive oil for drizzling
1 cup of falafel mix
3/4 cup water
2 spring onions finely chopped
1 tablespoon of tahini
1/2 cup plain flour
100g fetta crumbled (we used marinated goats fetta)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place the sweet potato on a tray and drizzle with some olive oil then season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until sweet potato has softened. Cool slightly then mash in a bowl.
- Mix the falafel mix and water together and stand for half an hour.
- Transfer the falafel mix to a bowl with the mashed sweet potato and mix to combine. Add the spring onions, fetta, tahini and flour. Season and mix to combine.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Divide the falafel mixture into about 30 rough balls and place on prepared trays. Bake in the oven on 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or until balls are firm and golden.
- Serve with your favourite mayonnaise or aioli, lemon wedges and chopped parsley. Enjoy.