Fall Off the Bone Spiced Lamb Shoulder
This week Live Love Nourish is sharing with us not one, but two gorgeous savoury dishes perfect for the holidays. This one – a fall off the bone Spiced Lamb Shoulder (mouths watering already I’m sure) is a great one for a family get together over the holidays.
And so for all our carnivores out there, here’s a treat for you from the Affordable Wholefoods Family. Enjoy.
1.5-2kg lamb shoulder (bone in)
1 whole garlic bulb
1 tablespoon (20ml) olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 200ºC. (I most often use my Webber BBQ for this).
- In a small mixing bowl combine spices, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place half of the peeled garlic cloves onto a large sheet of cooking foil.
- Place lamb on top of garlic and a sharp knife to score the fat side.
- Rub the lamb all over with olive oil and spice mix.
- Place the remaining garlic cloves on top and wrap the lamb tightly in foil so you don’t lose any juices.
- Transfer to a high sided roasting tray with wrack and place in oven.
- Turn the oven heat down to 150ºC and cook for 3.5-4 hours or until the meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
- When lamb is nearly cook begin your sides (chosen vegetables etc).
- Once cooked, remove lamb from oven, cover with a tea towel and allow to rest.
- Meanwhile finish preparing your sides such as cooked greens, salad.
Make It Personal:
- You can use any blend of spices or even pre-mixed spice blends.
Recipe Tips & Tid Bits:
- Wrapping your lamb shoulder in foil helps to lock in moisture to make your lamb tender and moist.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Nut Free | Sugar Free
To See more from Casey-Lee visit her website here