Moroccan Cous Cous Salad
Another super inspiring recipe from team member Kym Peterson. Kym has been vegetarian for most of her adult life and is always sharing amazing recipes with us in the tea room. When we asked her to do something with the new Israeli Cous Cous in store, this is what she came up with. Moroccan Cous Cous Salad features all the flavours of Morocco including fresh mint, pistachios, cranberries and our own Moroccan spice mix. Enjoy.
Note: Israeli cous cous is different from regular cous cous in that is it slightly larger with a creamy texture.
Serving size: Serves 2
2 large carrots
1 cup Israeli cous cous
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup cranberries
1/2 cup pistachio kernels
2 single Shallots
tablespoon of chopped fresh mint leaves
1 tablespoon Moroccan spice mix
Tablespoon of orange juice
1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200’C. Peel and quarter the carrots, place on the baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with Moroccan spice mix. Roast until golden brown.
- In a saucepan on medium heat drizzle some olive oil. Add the Israeli cous cous and toast until lightly golden. Add water and simmer until the water has evaporated and the cous cous is soft.
- Lightly chop the pistachios, slice the shallots and chop the mint leaves.
- Add the cous cous, roasted carrots, pistachio, cranberries, shallots and mint to a mixing bowl.
- In a small vessel, blend 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the orange juice, apple cider vinegar and salt.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad when you are ready to eat, toss and serve. Enjoy.
Vegan | Refined Sugar Free