Sweet Potato & Quinoa Slice
Earlier this year we made this delicious Vegetarian Sweet Potato & Quinoa slice which was a real hit with our in store shoppers. Sweet potato is such a great base vegetable with loads of great nutritional benefits and it works well in many recipes savoury and sweet. An excellent source of vitamin A, high in vitamin C, magnesium, B6 and iron, it is one of our favourite vegetables to incorporate into a healthy wholefoods diet.
Re-sharing the recipe now on the blog for all to enjoy.
Serving Size: Makes 12 portions
1 cup quinoa (rinsed and drained)
1 1/4 cups water
1 large sweet potato cooked and mashed
2 zucchini’s grated
1 carrots grated
1 medium red onion diced
4 eggs lightly beaten
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 cup fresh parsley chopped
1 teaspoon turmeric ground
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Healthy pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C’ and line a baking dish with baking paper
- Place quinoa in a small saucepan with the water. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer very gently with the lid on for 12-15 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and allow to cool keeping the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Heat your olive oil in a large fry pan on low to medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until golden. Add the turmeric, salt and pepper and saute for a further 2 minutes.
- Transfer the onion mix into a large bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared oven dish. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the pie is set and a golden brown colour on top. ENJOY.
Serve with your favourite leafy green salad and avocado. Also a great recipe for school lunch boxes.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegetarian | Vegan | Refined Sugar Free