Vegan Earth Burger
This weeks recipe of the week is from Laura Saunders of Nourished – N.F.W (Nutrition. Fitness. Wellness). Laura is a Nutrition & Dietetics student at Endeavour College of Natural Health with a keen interest in fitness training as well. Today she shares with us one of her favourite recipes for spring, her infamous Earth Burger that is a combination of tempeh, tofu, spring vegetables, seeds and spices. Enjoy!
“I love the versatility of these burgers, but most of all, wrapping them up in collard greens jam packed full of homemade hummus and seasonal vegetables” – Laura
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 12-15 burgers
1 packet organic tempeh (300g)
1 packet of organic firm tofu (500g)
1 medium zucchini grated
2 carrots grated
1 red capsicum diced
1/2 red onion diced
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 red chilli diced thinly
2 tablespoons psyllium husks
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons ground turmeric
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup pepitas
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 180’C (fanforced).
- Blend the tempeh and tofu together until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a large mixing bowl along with the remaining ingredients excluding the sesame seeds.
- Measure out 1/3 cup of mixture and roll into a ball (repeat for entire mixture).
- Pour sesame seeds onto a plate and roll each pattie in the sesame seeds then place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake the patties for 20 minutes, flip and then cook for another 10 minutes.
- Place the patties on a cooling rack until cool and store in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan | Vegetarian | Refined Sugar Free