Vegan Meatballs (featuring TVP)
This weeks recipe of the week has been inspired by all our vegan customers who love their TVP mince. The recipe itself is a little fiddly, however it’s so worth it for the end result. A great recipe for special occasions or entertaining.
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 cups of dried TVP mince
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano & olive leaf blend
1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
1 tablespoon tamari (or soy) sauce
2 tablespoons finely diced fresh parsley
1 cup of vegetable stock
1/2 cup tomato passata
1/2 cup of organic plain wheat flour
- In a large frypan saute the onion, garlic, chilli, oregano and salt together in olive oil for 3 minutes, then add the tamari and dry TVP and continue to saute for another 4 minutes before turning the heat to low.
- In a medium saucepan, combine your stock and tomato passata and bring to the boil.
- Add the boiling liquid to the frypan mixture then turn the heat off and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Shape into small balls, pressing firmly together.
- Fry the balls in olive oil or bake them in the oven (180’C) until lightly browned.
- Serve with your favourite spaghetti pasta and tomato based tomato sauce (ours has kalamata olives included). Enjoy.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free