This week’s recipe of the week has been shared by one of our Lismore customers and has been adapted by store owner Denise. These healthy and delicious Tofu Balls are rolled in sesame seeds to give them a satisfying crunch and are perfect served with steamed greens for a healthy lunch or dinner.
Makes: 16 balls
1tbs olive oil
350g firm tofu, coarsely grated
1 onion finely diced
1 cup finely grated carrot
1 cup walnuts, finely processed in processer or finely chopped
3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
2 tablespoons Dijon or seeded mustard
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tsp grated ginger
¼ cup tahini
½ cup fresh herbs, finely chopped (parsley, chives and/or oregano work well)
Black and white sesame seeds and sunflower seeds, 2 tbs of each mixed together
- Fry the onion in a frypan and then add the carrot and stir through before turning off the stove.
- Process or chop the walnuts.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Roll into balls and coat with sesame and seeds.
- Bake on an oven tray, 20 / 30mins @ 180C. Due to the delicate nature of the balls, it’s best not to turn them.
- Serve with steamed veggies and/or rice
Vegetarian | Refined-sugar free | Gluten-free