Wholesome Pumpkin & Zucchini Bread
This week’s recipe of the week is a tasty and wholesome Pumpkin and Zucchini Bread from nutritionist Tristen Alexandra. A savoury gluten-free bread full of healing antioxidants and minerals, fibre and healthy fats for gut and hormone health.
Makes: 10 slices
Prep time: Cook time:
2 cups butternut pumpkin, grated
1 cup zucchini (approx 1 small or 1/2 large), grated & excess water squeezed out
3 free-range eggs
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 1/2 cups almond meal
1/2 cup rice flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp each of ground cinnamon & nutmeg
2 flat tsp baking powder
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
pumpkin seeds, for topping
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Grate pumpkin and zucchini into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, oil and milk. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Pour into wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour into baking tin and smooth down with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over the top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and leave to cool in baking tin for 10 minutes. Finish cooling on a wire rack (baking paper removed). Slice and enjoy!
*Note: as there are no preservatives in this bread, it will keep in the fridge for 2 days, and freezer for up to 3 months. We recommend slicing and freezing once cooled, and defrosting and toasting slices as needed.
Gluten-free | Vegetarian