Cookies and Cream Bliss Balls
This weeks recipe of the week is from Meg Phillips. A delicious bliss ball with the flavours of cookies and cream. Enjoy.
For the bliss balls:
1 cup of dates, soaked in hot water
1 cup of cashews
1 cups of natural insecticide free almonds
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
a pinch of vanilla powder (or teaspoon of vanilla essence)
3 tablespoons Loving Earth chocolate buckinis
3 tablespoons almond butter
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- Blend the almonds, coconut and cashews in a high speed blender or food processor until a fine crumb forms.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the buckinis, vanilla and almond butter.
- Blend the dates with the coconut oil and rice malt syrup until smooth.
- Add the date mixture to the crumb mixture and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Roll into balls and place in the freezer to set
For the Cream
1/2 cup of coconut cream
3 tablespoons cacao butter, melted
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Place into the freezer for around 15 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.
- Once the mixture is thick and creamy, dip the balls into the mixture and place back in the freezer to set. Optionally sprinkle the balls with cacao nibs.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
Note: These bliss balls will last months in the freezer
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free | Delicious