Caramel Coconut Slice (Gluten Free)
You will love this simple and delicious gluten free slice made from just almond, coconut and maple.
For the Base
1 cup natural almond meal
1 cup desiccated coconut
3 tablespoons almond Butter
3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Melt almond butter and half of the coconut oil
- In a bowl combine the almond meal & desiccated coconut
- Pour the melted mixture into the almond meal mixture and combine well. (If still dry, add the rest of the coconut oil and mix again)
- Line a loaf tine (210x120cm) and press mixture firmly into the tin.
- Refrigerate whilst making the caramel topping.
For the Caramel Topping
4 tablespoons Almond Butter
3 tablespoons Maple syrup
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- In a saucepan on low to medium heat, melt all ingredients together and stir well
- Pour the caramel mixture onto the base mix and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Top with shredded coconut before serving cold
Keep stored in the refrigerator
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free | Gourmet | Vegan | Paleo