Gluten Free Lemon & Blueberry Cake
This weeks Recipe of the Week has come from Janine’s Gluten Free Kitchen. A gluten free Lemon & Blueberry Cake that looks and tastes absolutely divine. Packed with blueberries in a simple moist almond meal base. This one is definitely worth a summer bake off.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
2 1/2 cups of almond flour
3/4 cup tapioca flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups fresh blueberries
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons lemon zest
3 lemons – juiced
2/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup vegan butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180’C. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan with oil and line with baking paper for easy removal.
- Combine all dry ingredients (minus the blueberries) in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a hand- mixer on medium-high speed for about 30 seconds or until combined.
- Put half the batter into the springform pan and sprinkle 1 cups of blueberries evenly on top. Add the remaining batter, smooth out evenly and add the rest of the blueberries on top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes. The batter will remain light coloured on top, so use a skewer to make sure the middle is cooked through.
- Leave to cool and serve with a natural or vanilla yoghurt. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free
To see more from Janine, visit her U-Tube channel here