Hazelnut Chocolate Cremes
One of our most popular cookie recipes to date, the Maple, Tahini and Almond cookies are the inspiration behind this weeks recipe of the week. Made again by our store manager Caroline, this time with a hazelnut spin and a chocolate hazelnut (nutella style) filling between. These are super delicious. Enjoy!
The Biscuit Base
Serving size: makes around 20 cookies
1 cup of un-hulled tahini
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 cups of hazelnut meal
- Pre-heat the oven to 160′ fan forced.
- On low heat melt the tahini & maple syrup in a saucepan and stir until you have a smooth paste.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool (around 5 mins).
- Place the hazelnut meal in a mixing bowl and add the tahini and maple syrup once it has cooled. Stir well.
- Spoon out tablespoon size amounts, then roll into small balls before flattening slightly into the shape you want.
- Place these onto a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then turn the oven off leaving for another 5 minutes before taking out of the oven and allowing to cool.
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (the filling)
3/4 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup organic cacao powder
1/2 cup of organic alkalised cocoa powder
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
- Put the hazelnuts into a bowl and cover with water to soak overnight.
- Drain wash and rinse well when ready to use.
- Place the hazelnuts in a food processor and blend until smooth (or less if you like a little crunch).
- Add the cocoa, cacao and coconut oil and process until well combined.
- Add the maple syrup and blend another 30 seconds. Note: if the mixture is too thick, add a teaspoon of boiling water while the processor is running. Add more if needed.
Putting it together:
- Once the biscuits have cooled and the spread is prepared, place a teaspoon full of the filling onto one of the biscuits and sandwich with another. Then enjoy!
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan