Lemon, Cashew and Coconut Cookies (GF DF)
This weeks recipe of the week comes from Natalie Harms, our newest addition to the Affordable Wholefoods blog as writer and recipe contributor.
Natalie is a practicing Nutritionist with clinics in Maleny (in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, QLD) and Inverell. Here she shares her Lemon, Cashew and Coconut Cookies – loaded with protein, fibre, healthy fats and flavour, and a great alternative to store varieties.
Serving Size: makes 20
225 grams raw cashews
80 grams desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons coconut flour
50 grams coconut oil (melted)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Finely grated lemon rind of one lemon
2tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Process the cashews in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until mixture comes together.
- Place the mixture in fridge for 5 minutes to settle.
- Roll a generous teaspoon of mixture into ball and flatten slightly on baking trays lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 15 to 18 mins until golden brown colour appears. Allow to cool an enjoy.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free |Sugar Free | Vegan