Pistachio & Fennel Amaretti Biscuits
We saw this recipe in a recent edition of Delicious Magazine Australia and thought is was a great one for gift ideas this Christmas. The biscuits are absolutely delicious (ha) and super easy to make. We loved the combination of fennel and pistachio nuts.
Serving Size: Makes 15 large biscuits
480g pistachio kernels
4 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds (toasted)
1 1/2 cups organic unbleached plain flour
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
3 egg whites
3/4 cup pure icing sugar (sifted)
- Preheat your oven to 160’C and line 3 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Toast the fennel seeds in a non stick saucepan for 3-5 minutes turning constantly to prevent burning.
- In a food processor, whiz the pistachio kernels, toasted fennel seeds and flour until finely ground.
- Transfer the mix into a bowl with the caster sugar and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy and then add them to your dry ingredients.
- Stir until the mixture is consistent and then divide the dough into 15 equal portion balls.
- Place into a bowl with the icing sugar and coat each ball before placing onto the baking trays and pressing down using your hand to 9 cm rounds.
- Bake for 20 minutes in your oven or until golden brown. Enjoy.
We recommend halving the ingredients below for a smaller quantity and smaller biscuit.
Dairy Free | Delicious