This is my all time favourite baking snack for so many reasons. The smell in the kitchen is amazing whilst they are cooking and they are so simple to put together. They are perfect for my daughter’s lunch box snack and great for taking on long walks because they are so jam packed full of energy. Firm on the outside but soft on the inside, I love the flavour of the honey and tahini together with the crunch of the rolled rice. Enjoy.
Serving Size: 15-20 cookies
6 tablespoons tahini
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup rolled rice
1/2 cup organic shredded coconut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pepitas
- Heat the oven to 150’C (no higher).
- Mix the tahini and honey together.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto a well greased tray and bake until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before eating.
For a more paleo style cookie, replace the 1/2 cup of rolled rice with another 1/2 cup of seeds (either sunflower or pepita).
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar | Paleo | Vegetarian