Vegan Twix Biscuits
This week’s recipe of the week has been shared by The Plastic Free Herbivore, Jess Wicks. Vegan Twix Biscuits – Shortbread biscuit with gooey caramel and crisp chocolate. So delicious!
50g plant milk of choice
100g cacao butter or coconut oil, melted
100g granulated sugar of choice
200g plain flour
400ml full fat coconut milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
100g dark chocolate
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the biscuit ingredients until well combined then refrigerate, covered for approximately 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Roll the biscuit dough onto the bench and use a cookie cutter or jar to cut into the biscuits. Use a spatula to get them off the bench so they don’t break.
- Place them on a lined baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until they start to brown and then leave them on the bench to cool.
- While the biscuits are cooking, pour the coconut milk can and maple syrup into a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Whisk the coconut milk for approximately 20 minutes or until it has reduced and turned to caramel (all the liquid should be evaporated and the caramel should be thick).
- Cool down the caramel by placing it in the fridge. This will allow it to solidify making it easier to apply to the biscuits.
- Spoon approximately one tablespoon of the caramel onto each biscuit and spread evenly.
- Place in the freezer to set for at least 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or stove top and then dip the top of the biscuits into the chocolate. The chocolate should solidify quickly because the biscuits will be cold from the freezer.
- Place on a tray and refrigerate until the chocolate is set then transfer to a sealed container and store in the refrigerator.
Vegan | Dairy- Free