White Chocolate and Macadamia Energy Bars
This weeks delicious Recipe of the Week is a White Chocolate & Macadamia Nut energy bar from AW recipe contributor Meg Phillips. The name says it all really, mouthwatering with a healthy twist. Enjoy!
Serving size: Makes 10
2 cups of raw cashews
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup rolled oats
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 cup chopped macadamias
1/2 cup pea protein powder
2 tablespoons organic maca powder
1/2 cup caramelised buckinis or plain raw buckwheat
1 cups of dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
3 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
150g white loving earth chocolate, melted
- In a blender or high speed food processor blend the cashews, coconut and oats to a fine meal.
- Transfer this mixture to a large mixing bowl and add the chia seeds, chopped macadamia nuts, pea protein, maca powder and buckinis/buckwheat and mix until well combined.
- Drain the water from the dates and add them to the blender with the coconut oil and rice malt syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Pour this liquid mixture into the mixing bowl and mix until well combined (you may need to mix for around 5 minutes using your hands so the mixture begins to stick together).
- Press the mixture into a tin lined with baking paper and set in the freezer for a few hours until firm.
- When the bars are almost set, melt the loving earth white chocolate with your preferred heating method.
- Once set, cut into bars of desired size and shape and drizzle with the melted chocolate. Keep refrigerated until eaten. Enjoy.
Dairy Free | Raw | Vegan
To see more from Meg visit her instagram page here