Hazelnut Crunch Slice
This week’s recipe of the week has been shared by The Plastic Free Herbivore, Jess Wicks. High in protein and delicious, this Hazelnut Crunch Slice is perfect stored in the fridge or freezer for a satisfying and healthy snack.
Makes: 8 Slices
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa white
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup cocao butter melted, or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocao powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Spread hazelnuts on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown, then leave on the bench to cool.
- Roughly chop hazelnuts.
- In a frypan at medium heat, toast the quinoa until golden brown.
- Add all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Pour into a lined dish and freeze until the slice is set and then store in either the freezer or fridge.
Note: To make this recipe gluten-free use gluten-free oats.