Wild Rice & Quinoa Salad
This is a great salad to have year round, warm or cold. The combination of wild rice, quinoa and mixed seeds creates a delicious flavour and texture, whilst the parsley and lemon juice give the final lift. A must have gluten free salad recipe to add to your repertoire.
1/2 cup wild rice
1/4 cup quinoa
1/3 cup mixed pepitas, sunflowers and sesames
1/2 cup chopped fresh curly parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon tamari
Pinch of turmeric and cumin each
Pinch of black pepper
Lemon juice to season
- In a saucepan, bring to the boil the wild rice in 1 3/4 cup water and then simmer for 40-45 minutes (until all water is absorbed).
- Rinse the quinoa and then cook on the stove in 1/2 cup of water bringing to the boil and then simmering for approximately 10 minutes.
- Toast the seed mix in the oven or on the stove top (however you prefer) until golden brown.
- In a large bowl add the olive oil, tamari, turmeric, cumin and black pepper and stir. Then add the cooked and slightly cooled rice and quinoa.
- Lastly add the seeds and parsley and mix well.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and additional tamari seasoning if needed.
Serve alongside a selection of your favourite warm roasted vegetables such as sweet potato (kumera), pumpkin, beetroot, or yellow winter squash.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan | Vegetarian | Sugar Free