Chicken & Black Bean Enchiladas with Mexican Rice
This weeks recipe of the week is a family favourite….Chicken & Black Bean Enchiladas. A traditional Mexican dish that is perfect for a family meal anytime of year.
1 clove of garlic (crushed)
500g chicken fillets chopped into cubes
1 large red onion chipped into large pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup of black turtle beans (soaked overnight and cooked for 30 minutes)
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 teaspoon coriander
1 cup of tomato pasatta
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 packet of whole mini wraps
1 cup of freshly grated cheese
1 bunch of coriander
2 tomatoes chopped
1/2 cup pasatta
1 tablespoon jalapeno slices and juice
2 tablespoons sour cream
1. Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft and then add the chicken.
2. Mix all the spices together in a small bowl and then add to the chicken and onion mixture. Stirring for about 3 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add the pasatta and tomato paste and mix through.
4. Add the cooked black turtle bean and stir again.
5. Cook on medium for another 5 minutes then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
6. Place the wraps on a bench top and scoop some of the chicken mixture into the centre of the wrap from one end the to other.
7. Roll up the wrap and place in a baking tray seam end down.
8. Prepare your sauce by adding all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and whizzing until creamy.
9. Spoon the sauce liberally over each enchilada and sprinkle with grated cheese.
10. Heat the oven to 190’C and bake the enchiladas for 20 minutes. Serve hot. Enjoy.
Mexican | Refined Sugar Free