Paleo Sweet Potato Fritters
Inspired once again by a recipe from Delicious Magazine, here is a super simple lunch or dinner idea for all our paleo readers.
Serving Size: 4 – 6
1 garlic bulb (grated)
80 ml extra virgin olive oil
500g sweet potato, peeled & grated
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 cup almond meal
Lemon wedges to serve
Toasted almond flakes to serve
Lemon Tahini Dressing
1/2 bulb fresh garlic (crushed)
1/2 cup tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup iced water
- Place the sweet potato, grated garlic, spices, almond meal and eggs in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non stick fry pan.
- In 2 batches, add 1/3 cup sweet potato mixture per fritter to the fry pan.
- Flatten with fritters with a spatula into 10cm rounds and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil off on paper towel.
- Add the fresh garlic, tahini, lemon and iced water into a food processor and whiz together until thick and glossy.
- Serve your fritters with a dollop of dressing and some fresh greens. Enjoy.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Paleo | Sugar Free