Vegetarian Paleo Pizza
This weeks recipe of the week has been inspired by Live Love Nourish’s Paleo Pizza. The base is absolutely divine and easy to make. You’ll love the simplicity of the toppings! Enjoy.
1 1/4 cups natural almond meal
2 free range eggs
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon tapioca starch
1 teaspoon oregano & olive blend
A pinch of Himalayan salt
3 tablespoons tomato passata
1/4 red onion sliced thinly
2 tablespoons homemade pesto
Bocconcini cheese (sliced)
1/2 cup fresh baby rocket, chopped loosely
Olive oil to garnish
- Set the oven at 160’C fan forced.
- Whisk the eggs with the oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add the natural almond meal, tapioca flour, oregano and salt and mix until well combined.
- Use a spatular to scrape the sticky dough into a ball then spoon the dough onto a flat surface lined with a large piece of greaseproof paper.
- Place a second large piece of greaseproof paper over top and roll dough out to 1/2 cm thick using a rolling pin.
- Carefully remove the top piece of greaseproof paper and bake in oven on a flat tray for 10 -12 minutes or until base begins to colour slightly.
- How prepare you toppings.
- Remove base from oven and spread the passata evenly to the edges using the back of a spoon.
- Place the red onion, teaspoon dollops of pesto and sliced bocconcini
- Bake in oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until toppings are cooked and edges are golden.
- Dress with the fresh rocket leaves and a drizzle of olive oil to serve.
Make It Personal:
- Top with your favourite ingredients such as chicken, salami or fresh cherry tomatoes.
Gluten Free | Refined Sugar Free