Quinoa Stir Fry
Another wholesome recipe from local Lismore food blogger Meg Phillips. Delicious flavours, packed with nutrition and easy and fun to make.
3/4 cup organic tri coloured quinoa
1 brown onion
1 spring onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 head of broccoli
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup corn kernels
2 tbsp tamari
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup tamari almonds
Fresh coriander (to serve)
- Soak the quinoa in water for a couple of hours. Add to a pot with 1.5 cups of water and bring to the boil, reduce to low heat and cook covered for 12 mins. Once cooked set aside
- Sauté the sliced brown onion, garlic and spring onion, finely chopped in olive oil.
- When golden and fragrant add the carrot, diced into small sticks.
- Add the broccoli chopped into small pieces and continue to cook until carrot and broccoli are soft.
- Slice the mushrooms and add them to the pan allowing them to cook.
- Add tamari and stir, add more to suit desired taste.
- And the peas and corn and stir until cooked.
- Add the quinoa and mix in well to combine all ingredients.
- In another pan with a little bit of olive oil cook the tofu until it is crispy and lightly brown.
- Serve the quinoa stir fry with tofu, chopped tamari almonds and fresh coriander.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegetarian | Vegan
To see more from Meg visit her Instagram page here